Please join us for the Teacher’s Forum which is right around the corner!
In its 8th year, The Teachers’ Forum offers new teachers the opportunity to gain critical skills and resources and network with principals and professionals in education. Specifically, this event provides our students and early alumni with opportunities to gain insight through a keynote address, participate in roundtable discussions on various topics led by educators, receive guidance on resumes, and network with all educators and DePaul College of Education alumni. There is also an opportunity for current student teachers and early COE alumni to participate in mock interviews with principals and assistant principals (limited space). Over 35 current and former principals, seasoned educators, and College of Education faculty representing urban and suburban schools will be participating in this event as mock interviewers and facilitators of round table discussions. Round Table discussions will focus on topics ranging from classroom management, communication with parents, building strong relationships with administration, etc.
Key Components of Teacher’s Forum:
- Keynote address from seasoned educator
- Participate in 10 different topic roundtable discussions led by 25 administrators and educators
- Receive feedback and critique on your teaching resume from educators
- Network with fellow DePaul Educator Alumni about professional experiences and best practices
- Check out the returning “Tech Corner” – Demo and Best Practice Tips on Technology Resources for Instruction
- Check out new “Primary Sources Corner” – Quick Show and Tell Search of resources on Primary Sources for Instruction
- Practice interviews with principals (Additional Registration required and limited space)
Check Out Topics for Roundtables This Year!
- Breaking Into Urban and Suburban Schools – Best Practices for Job Searching
- Building Collaborative Relationships with Principals
- Crash Course in Classroom Management
- Incorporating Social and Emotional Strategies into Teaching
- Success and Survival – Tips for a First Year Teacher
- State Assessments and Student Learning (PARCC, NWEA)
- The Case of Common Core – New Strategies of Engagement
- Perspectives of Accountability – Exploring Teacher Evaluation and Best Practices in Teacher Effectiveness
- Technology and Innovation – From Flipped Classrooms and Beyond
- Breaking It Down – Effective Inclusion and Differentiation
Check Out Our Teacher’s Forum Webpage to See Who is Participating and the Full Agenda:
Interested in Participating In the Mock Interview Portion?
- Reach out to Gina Anselmo for details on eligibility and registration process for the mock interview:
Gina Anselmo, DePaul Career Center, Career Advisor, firstname.lastname@example.org
Saturday, October 24, 2015, 10am to 1pm
DePaul University – Lincoln Park Campus
2324 N. Fremont St.
Chicago, IL. 60614
Important Reminder Note: You can be at any level in your studies or profession to join us at the event to take part in the keynote, roundtables, resume critiques, and open networking. You do not have to participate in the mock interview portion to attend the rest of the components of the event.
This is a rare and invaluable opportunity to meet a seasoned group of educators and principals and we would love for all of you to join us.